Winsock 2 status (was: Re: How to troubleshoot network woes with Wine?)

Frank Joerdens frank at joerdens.de
Fri Mar 8 12:43:41 CST 2002

I have a *probable* culprit: This app uses ws2_32, aka Winsock 2, which
is, according to a thread from November in wine-devel, only partially
supported. The fact that I have partial network functionality (i.e. it
even works OK *sometimes*) might be considered kind of consistent with
the fact that Winsock 2 is only partially supported. The only real
warning I get with

wine --debugmsg +ipaddress,+winsock,+dll c:\\Program\ Files\\C4DNET_R73\
> PC\\C4D_NET_Client.exe

is

warn:winsock:wsaErrno errno 22, (Invalid argument).

Does anyone have any ideas as to this error? Are there any current
Winsock 2 patches floating about I could play with?

Regards, Frank