Winsock 2 status (was: Re: How to troubleshoot network woes with Wine?)

Frank Joerdens frank at joerdens.de
Fri Mar 8 13:38:24 CST 2002

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 07:43:41PM +0100, Frank Joerdens wrote:
> I have a *probable* culprit: This app uses ws2_32, aka Winsock 2, which
> is, according to a thread from November in wine-devel, only partially
> supported. The fact that I have partial network functionality (i.e. it
> even works OK *sometimes*) might be considered kind of consistent with
> the fact that Winsock 2 is only partially supported. The only real
> warning I get with
>
> wine --debugmsg +ipaddress,+winsock,+dll c:\\Program\ Files\\C4DNET_R73\
> > PC\\C4D_NET_Client.exe
>
> is
>
> warn:winsock:wsaErrno errno 22, (Invalid argument).
>
> Does anyone have any ideas as to this error? Are there any current
> Winsock 2 patches floating about I could play with?

One other thing:

frank at limedes:~ > cat /proc/net/sockstat
sockets: used 68
TCP: inuse 29 orphan 0 tw 54 alloc 29 mem 3
UDP: inuse 11
RAW: inuse 0
FRAG: inuse 0 memory 0

The app opens sockets galore (68 after less than an hour of uptime) on
the assigned port, which is probably also some kind of misbehaviour that
is part of the problem . . .

Regards, Frank