Wine dummy-spitting

Keith Matthews keith_m at sweeney.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 16 01:59:33 CST 2002

On Sat, 16 Mar 2002 12:26:55 +1100 Chris Wenn <Chris Wenn <prismatic7 at bigpond.com>> wrote:

> I've got a real problem with the debian (unstable) wine 0.0.200202228-1
> Whenever I try to run a windows executable - of any sort, although it's
> Jeskola Buzz in the example I've attached - wine cheerfully spits the
> dummy. I realise that the DRIVE_Init warnings are ignorable, but

> #warn:dosfs:DOSFS_FindUnixName 'config\system' not found in ...
> #warn:dosfs:DOSFS_FindUnixName 'system.dat' not found in...
> #warn:dosfs:DOSFS_FindUnixName 'reg.dat' not found in...

> seems to be the root of the problem, as later on i get

This looks like one of those programs written by NIH programmers who
insist on using non-standard mechanisms to get at the registry. Since
wine does not hold its registry in the same way as Windows they will
always fail in this area.

> #warn:reg:_get_wine_registry_file_format_version Couldn't open
>   /etc/wine.userreg for reading: No such file or directory
> #warn:reg:_get_wine_registry_file_format_version Couldn't open
>   /etc/wine.systemreg for reading: No such file or directory

This looks like the wine configuration is screwed. What did you
install from ?

It seems to be looking for a system-wide setup that don't exist. Is
there a wine.systemreg anywhere in your system?

--
Keith Matthews
Frequentous Consultants  - Linux Services,