sane?

Oliver Sampson olsam at quickaudio.com
Fri Mar 29 13:54:43 CST 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:13:04 -0800 (PST), Andriy Palamarchuk
<apa3a at yahoo.com> wrote:

>--- Oliver Sampson <olsam at quickaudio.com> wrote:
>> So, I had a look around and my sane libraries seem
>> like they are where
>> they should be /usr/lib/sane, so now I'm really
>> stumped as to why the
>> wine build can't find the sane libraries.  I've
>> updated to the most
>> recent CVS, but still no luck.
>>
>> Has no one experienced this?
>
>Yes, I had similiar problem when I had sane package
>installed, but sane-devel. After sane-devel
>installation everything started to work.

Well, that's just it.  It must be some new dependency that has changed
in the last month  I've been regularly updating and compiling from CVS
for a few months now, and this is the first time I've had this issue.
I found sane-devel on rpmfind.net, downloaded it, installed it, and
now my wine is happily compiling away again.  I already had the other
three sane packages installed, so I'm just somehow surprised this
bubbled up.  I guess I haven't been reading the list closely enough.

Thanks!
Oliver Sampson
olsam at quickaudio.com
http://www.oliversampson.com