sane?

Oliver Sampson olsam at quickaudio.com
Sat Mar 30 10:55:44 CST 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 16:48:56 -0500 (EST), lawson_whitney at juno.com
wrote:

>Just as a general rule for rpm-based systems, if you want to develop
>code that uses a given package, you need the -devel rpm for that
>package.  Building Wine is definitely a program development activity, as
>understood by distro packagers.
>
>Yes, ./configure should have caught that and given you a tongue-lashing
>about it, but nobody's perfect.

Well, hopefully by bringing this change to the attention of the
development community, maybe they'll change the configure file.  The
problem isn't that it required another library, but that since the
last time I did an CVS update that the dependency was created and I
had no recourse but this list to find out what had changed.  An update
to the configure file would have prevented all that.

That being said, still a hearty thank you to the wind development
community for this fine software.

Oliver Sampson
olsam at quickaudio.com
http://www.oliversampson.com