Problem compiling wine with latest cvs

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Sun Mar 31 16:56:42 CST 2002

I can't get recent cvs versions to compile. After running cvs update -PAd and
./tools/installwine I get these messages

gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
make[2]: *** [ordinal.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/wine/dlls/shlwapi'
make[1]: *** [shlwapi/shlwapi.dll.so] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/wine/dlls'
make: *** [dlls] Error 2

Compilation failed, aborting install.

At first I thought it might be something wrong with my system so I backed out
cvs to March 1st 2002 and everything works. I am not the only one who seems to
be haveing problems with compiling recent cvs's. This morning someone named Bob
 reported this.

> I've been a regular user of wine for some months now, and I've never had
> problems compiling before.  I've just dowloaded the latest CVS and lo,
> the following error occured during the make...

> make[2]: *** [twain_32.dll.so] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bob/wine/dlls/twain'
> make[1]: *** [twain/twain_32.dll.so] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bob/wine/dlls'
> make: *** [dlls] Error 2

> Any idea what is causing this?

> Thanks!!!

I've noticed that wine-users at winehq.com is no longer a gateway to
comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine and I know at least Lawson might be able to
shed some light on this.

I've attached a log of .\tools\wineinstall if anyone is interested.

Tony Lambregts