trying to run opengl nvidia demo ChameleonMark but...

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Thu May 16 13:25:44 CDT 2002

--- Sylvain Petreolle <spetreolle at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> many functions are uninmplemented.
> If I run the exe with correct parameters,
> it shows that it tries to load unimplemented
> functions.
>
> ie it jumps at 0xdeadbeef.
> there is no implementatiopn for Direct3D 8 in wine,
> if
> I remember ?

Aha, just looked more carefully at the stack trace.
Yes, you are right. But it *looks* like the demo
installed Direct3D itself. Look at this call:

err:win32:PE_fixup_imports No implementation for
KERNEL32.dll.851(VerifyVersionInfoA) imported from
C:\winnt\system32\d3d8.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef

The Direct3D dll calls unimplemented function
VerifyVersionInfoA from kernel32.dll.

Sylvain, do you have time to create a few bug reports,
one per each unimplemented function?
Probably it is a good idea also to create a bug for
the demo and to make it depend on those bugs.
You also can (again, if you have time) to create at
least stubs for these functions, so the app won't
crash when calling them. As an example of stub
implementations see implementation of
VerifyVersionInfoW in misc/version.c.

If you don't have time, at least submit a bug to
submit the bugs, so we won't forget it ;-)

Andriy