native dll search order

Ian D. Stewart idstewart at compuvative.com
Sat May 18 04:47:06 CDT 2002

On 2002.05.16 19:56 Raul Dias wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I know wine looks into c:\windows\system and in the current
> dir '.' for native dlls.
>
> What is the order? system dir ou current dir first?
> is there another place it looks for it?

 From what I have seen, wine checks CWD, then the directories in PATH,
in order.  Depending on the value in DllOverrides for the particular
DLL (or default, if there is no entry for the DLL in DllOverrides), it
will either check for a builtin DLL before or after searching for the
native DLL.

If you have any doubts, you should be able to play around with
--debugmsg to have wine tell you explicitly where the DLL is being
loaded from.

HTH,
Ian