ACR program can't access CDROM under WINE

Paul pej2000 at earthlink.net
Sat May 18 18:03:48 CDT 2002

I have this windows program; call it ACR. Its very simple I think.....though
I'm not a programmer. It's an educational program and mostly involves pulling
up images and documents off of a CD.

I have the latest WINE from codeweavers installed. It seems to run
wordpad.exe, cdplayer.exe and even the ACR installation of the disk works
perfectly. The config file looks OK to me.

 So I run my program: wine /mnt/win_c/acr/acrgu/acrlf_gu.exe

 Wine starts up like its doing something.

 Error Message: File not found: ':\acr\gu\images\gu2.bmp'
(exact syntax) then I hit the OK button and the program quits.
This directory/file is on the CDROM which I can access and appears to be
correctly setup in the config file.

 Any ideas? Just seems like there ought to be a way to help it see those
files.
All suggestions gratefully accepted.
Thanks.