**Compile Error** /usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file wine: Is a directory

Luke Johnson lukejohnson14 at hotmail.com
Thu May 23 17:00:30 CDT 2002

Here is my compilation error.

__________________
gcc -o wine miscemu/miscemu.o -L./dlls 0lntdll -L./library -lwine
-L./unicode -lwine_unicode -lm
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file wine: Is a directory
collect2:ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [wine] Error 1

compilation failed, aborting install

I run ./tools/wineinstall and it goes for about four minutes until this
error message terminates the process. I have tried the 'make distclean'
command and this does nothing.

As I am fairly new to linux, I'm totally stumped as to what to do.

I have Mandrake 8.2 with kernel version 2.83 I believe.  And I'm stumped.

Any input would be appreciated,

Thanks,
-Luke