Switching video mode

Miklos Bagi Jr. joschy at mailbox.hu
Sat May 25 06:56:47 CDT 2002

Hi,

This is some short of technical question or might be my stupidity, please tell
me so ;o)

Ok, let's say I have an application which I would like to run in
640x480x32/fullscreen. I have my basic X desktop settings at 1024x768 and I
would no like to change the resolution. Is there any way to let wine start an
X server on another shell with a different resolution, automatically switch
to thatone and run the application there? Or any way to change resolutions on
on of the multi-desktop environments (kde/gnome)?

I'm asking this because... when I'm trying to run an application on my
1024x768 in 640x480, wine puts a window into the top-left corner which is
640x480 for sure, but does not swtich it to fullscreen.

Any suggestions (documentation liks are welcomed as well ;o))

Regards,
MBJr.