New to wine question concerning Path Variable

Scott Unruh Scott.Unruh at LABONE.com
Mon Nov 4 09:19:29 CST 2002

Howdy,

I am trying to run a Cobol Compiler through wine.  I am running RH7.3 with a
current wine release. My directory structure is /usr/share/wine-c/COBOL/.  I
have been successful in running other applications through wine, but not
ones that require a PATH= entry.

My problem is: it's looking for an entry in the PATH environment variable
that includes 'C:\COBOL' which stores library files it looks for when
starting the program.  I r.t.f.m. and made entries into /etc/profile. That
did not produce desirable results. (I was locked out of x-windows) From what
I have read and what I see in /etc/profile, the colon is a special
character.

So my actual question is: How do I get 'C:\COBOL' to show up in the PATH=
environment variable so that the Cobol compiler will see the files it needs?
Will entering 'C\COBOL'  in the PATH= variable give me what I am looking
for? If so, why is that? Does wine know to insert a colon between 'C' and
'\COBOL' when "showing" it to the window application?

Much thanks for any advice given!!!
Scott

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify LabOne at (800)388-4675.