Newbie Question

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Wed Nov 6 12:30:36 CST 2002

Anton Piatek wrote:
> Ok, i have the programs installed on a working (albeit crashes a lot)
> WinXP install... the problem is DLL loading... its clearly not loading
> DLLs in the same dir as the exe... see below

Are you trying to use WinXP DLLs? If so, in your ~/.wine/config try
setting all DLLs, including default DLLs, to native.

Is the Windows partition mounted so that it is owned by you, the user?

Have you considered using a fake windows partition? Perhaps the
Registered version does not use the VxD that is causing me problems.

> ACDSee (Registered Version):
>
> # wine ACDSee.exe
> Could not stat /mnt/cdrom (No such file or directory), ignoring drive E:
> err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) MFC42.DLL (which is needed by
> C:\Program Files\ACD Systems\ACDSee\License.dll) not found
> err:win32:PE_LoadLibraryExA can't load C:\Program Files\ACD
> Systems\ACDSee\License.dll
> err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) License.dll (which is needed
> by C:\Program Files\ACD Systems\ACDSee\ACDSee.exe) not found

You could try running:

wine --debugmsg +win32,+loaddll -- ACDSee5 &> wine.log

Then search through the file for License.dll. I see this, and though it
is uses ACDTrialLicense.dll, it should be similar:

trace:win32:MODULE_GetProcAddress (40bb0000,VerQueryValueA (-1))
trace:win32:PE_FindExportedFunction (VerQueryValueA)
trace:win32:PE_CreateModule Import Address Table directory ignored
*******EXPORT DATA*******
Module name is ACDTrialLicense.dll, 1 functions, 1 names
  Ord    RVA     Addr   Name
    1 00001010 0x41fa5010  ACDLE_Init
trace:win32:PE_fixup_imports Dumping imports list
trace:win32:PE_fixup_imports Microsoft style imports used
trace:win32:PE_fixup_imports --- FindResourceA KERNEL32.dll.214
trace:win32:MODULE_GetProcAddress (40700000,FindResourceA (214))