Printing under Wine - Mission Impossible?

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Wed Nov 6 14:59:39 CST 2002

Rick Romero wrote:
> Do you have the cups-devel package installed?
>
> I use Mandrake, but historically, if I was missing the devel package,
> printing wouldn't work after a CVS compile.

And a quick check for that when compiling, is to go to the wine source
directory and type "grep cups config.log" to see if CUPS is found:

 > grep cups config.log
configure:7858: checking for cupsGetPPD in -lcups
configure:7885: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lcups  -lm  >&5
configure:7918: checking cups/cups.h usability
configure:7949: checking cups/cups.h presence
configure:7998: checking for cups/cups.h
ac_cv_header_cups_cups_h=yes
ac_cv_lib_cups_cupsGetPPD=yes
wine_cv_warn_cups_h=no
CUPSLIBS='-lcups'