Problem running Anstoss2 under Wine

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Sun Nov 17 11:53:38 CST 2002

Adrian Bunk wrote:

>I'm trying to run Anstoss2 (a five years old German soccer simulation -
>I'm only interested in the strategic part of the game) under Wine. I
>tried the Debian package of the 20021031 Release and a self-compiled
>package of a 20021116 CVS snapshot. The following messages occur during
>the start of the game:
>
><--  snip  -->
>
>$ wine anstoss2.exe
>fixme:file:DEVICE_Open Unknown/unsupported VxD SICE. Try setting Windows
>version to 'nt40' or 'win31'.
>fixme:file:DEVICE_Open Unknown/unsupported VxD NTICE. Try setting
>Windows version to 'nt40' or 'win31'.
>err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x400f10bc
>"../../loader/module.c: loader_section" wait timed out, retrying (60
>sec) tid=081b1ce0
>fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
>(0x403a7528)->(00010024,00000008)
>fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDrawClipper_Initialize
>(0x403a7e38)->(0x403a7534,0x00000000),stub!
>err:msg:DispatchMessageW BeginPaint not called on WM_PAINT for hwnd
>10026!
>err:msg:DispatchMessageA BeginPaint not called on WM_PAINT for hwnd
>10026!
>err:msg:DispatchMessageA BeginPaint not called on WM_PAINT for hwnd
>10026!
>fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
>(0x403a7428)->(0002002d,00000008)
>fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDrawClipper_Initialize
>(0x403ae128)->(0x403a7434,0x00000000),stub!
>fixme:ddraw:DIB_DirectDrawSurface_Blt dwFlags DDBLT_WAIT and/or
>DDBLT_ASYNC: can't handle right now.
>
><--  snip  -->
>
>The "DEVICE_Open" messages might be related to the copy protection (?).

Yes.  in your  ~/.wine config setting [version] to NT40 might help though

>At the beginning I see a small "Cannot open file" window [1] that seems
>to be non-fatal.

look at the output of  adding "-debugmsg +file" to the command line to
find out what files it is opening and trying to open. i.e., wine
-debugmsg +file "c:\program\you want\to\run.exe" 2>&1 | tee file.log

>The screenshot at [2] shows the main problem I observe:
>Something with the left-right justification of elements doesn't work.
>
>There are three checkbuttons and the one besides "Neues Spiel beginnen"
>is selected and that's the place where you can select it - but the
>background black circles that should indicate where you are able to
>click are 2cm left and a bit ahead of the correct location.
>
>The smiling ball at the right bottom is the place to click when you are
>finished with this page - but it's outside the rest, the thing that is
>painted in the two light blue colors (e.g. the "ADY" at the left bottom)
>is the background picture of my window manager.

What does the setting "desktop" = "640x480" make the program look like?

>If there's any other information that might help simply ask.

Please open a bug for each problem in bugzilla http://bugs.winehq.org
please have a look at the following link, as it can be helpfull in
submitting bug reports.

http://www.winehq.org/Docs/wine-user/bug-reporting.shtml

--

Tony Lambregts