nothing seems to work

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Mon Nov 18 16:33:34 CST 2002

vodka at intoxicate.us wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I installed the latest wine tarball.  For some reason no applications
> work.  I'm using on a Redhat 8.0/Windows XP dual boot system.  Starting
> very simple applicatiosn doesnt work:

You are likely to have problems trying to use a bunch of WinXP DLLs and
stuff. Hmm... like those you mention ;) Much better to use a fake
windows file system. That has the added advantage that Wine won't mess
up your real Windows partition. You can copy over things like fonts from
WinXP, but you probably should try to use as many builtin DLLs as
possible, though msvcrt from WinXP would probably be ok to use.