Font alias trouble?

John Squires wallywire at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 19 22:14:47 CST 2002

Sorry - I'm a newbie, so please be patient.

I'm trying to use wine to run an application, and it seems to be working OK,
except......there seems to be a problem with the Courier New font.

When I look at xfontsel, it shows both courier new and courier. But when I
try to look at something as Courier New in wine, it only shows numbers and a
few punctuation bits.

When I change the font to Courier in the Wine'd app, I can see things
properly. So, I'm thinking that I should try to substitute this with courier
font.

I've tried editing the .wine/config file and adding in
"Alias0" = "-courier new-,-courier-,subst"
(and a few permutations along the way - with and without the subst, more
dashes etc) but it's not working.

I'm not sure that this is the right format ?? I've searched through the wine
site, here and googled, but can't find anything. Can anyone help?

PS - RedHat 7.2 and wine rpm is 20010822-1

TIA