can not install office xp

Chris Berry compjma at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 25 13:06:17 CST 2002

>From: Julien Motch <julienmotch at skynet.be>
>I am trying to install office XP under wine  build 20020904 .Before
>anything could happen the setup.exe tells me that I have to run win98
>,win millenium ,win 2000 or latter to use office xp .

I don't recommend that, the earlier ones usually work better.

>Have I got to change anything in my config file or perhaps should I use
>wineX ?

In your .wine/config file under [version] set "Windows" = "winxp"

Chris Berry
compjma at hotmail.com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"And here in our server room you can see our Beowolf Cluster of C64's that
keeps our enterprise on the very cutting edge of technology."