New to Wine (halflife upgrade fales)

mike rawfam at lvcm.com
Tue Nov 26 00:26:59 CST 2002

Hi all,

 This is a total newbe mistake I'm sure but I'm stumped. I have
installed: wine-20020605-2.i386.rpm
wine-devel-20020605-2.i386.rpm
in redhat 8.0

 I can get all the way through the setup of halflife sound test and all,
then if I try to do the auto update it fails. It can't see a network
connection.
I am getting errors in my terminal during the install even though it
looks like it installs perfect (as long as I say no to "look for upgrades")
These are the errors:

err:mmsys:MMDRV_InitHardcoded You didn't setup properly the config file
for the
Wine multimedia modules.
Will use the hard-coded setup, but this will disappear soon.
Please add a WinMM section to your Wine config file.
err:midi:OSS_MidiInit ioctl on midi info for device 0 failed.
err:mmsys:MMDRV_InitHardcoded You didn't setup properly the config file
for the
Wine multimedia modules.
Will use the hard-coded setup, but this will disappear soon.
Please add a WinMM section to your Wine config file.
err:midi:OSS_MidiInit ioctl on midi info for device 0 failed.
fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.
err:module:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loading of native DLL C:\Program
Files\Sierra On-Line\redirect.exe failed (error 193), check this file.
err:module:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loading of native DLL C:\Program
Files\Sierra On-Line\redirect.exe failed (error 193), check this file.
err:module:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loading of native DLL C:\Program
Files\Sierra On-Line\setup.ico failed (error 193), check this file.
err:module:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loading of native DLL
C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\language.inf failed (error 193), check this file.
err:module:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loading of native DLL
C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\Sierra.inf failed (error 193), check this file.
fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.
fixme:shell:IShellLinkA_fnSetShowCmd (0x41de523c)->(showcmd=1)
fixme:shell:IShellLinkA_fnSetShowCmd (0x41de523c)->(showcmd=1)
fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.
fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.
fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.
err:ole:CoUninitialize CoUninitialize() - not CoInitialized.
fixme:shell:IShellLinkA_fnSetShowCmd (0x41deaf30)->(showcmd=1)
err:module:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loading of native DLL
C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\valve.ico failed (error 193), check this file.
err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 10049 belongs to other process
err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 10049 belongs to other process

any help would be appreciated,
mike