half-life wine install running SLOW and no internet connection

mike rawfam at lvcm.com
Thu Nov 28 21:27:42 CST 2002

Thanx,

 I got that after running winecheck. I am still missing a few things
though,
I don't know if you are familiar with wine check but it suggests :

Checking availability of winedefault.reg entries...    CRITICAL (entry
"SHAREDMEMLOCATION" not found in system.reg registry file).
- ADVICE: file winedefault.reg, the most basic wine registry
environment, doesn't seem to have been applied using regapi.
026. Checking availability of windows registry entries...   NOTICE
(entry "Default Taskbar"
not found).
- ADVICE: A Windows registry does not seem to have been added to Wine as
this typical Windows registry entry does not exist in Wine's registry.
A complete original Windows registry entry set will *not* be available
with a no-windows install. Usually this will present no problem in
running applications although this can affect newer programs.

I haven't worked with Registry in anyway can anyone give me a basic step
-by- step?