How Do I Setup the Config File?

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Sat Nov 30 14:47:35 CST 2002

Shaunie wrote:
> Duane Clark wrote:
>> Winesetuptk can do that, but if you don't want to use it, then another
>> easy alternative is to get this file:
>> http://www.franksworld.net/files/wineconfig.tgz
>>
>> That will unpack into all the configuration, registry, and ini files
>> that you need, including a fake Windows directory structure. If you
>> want the Windows directory to be located somewhere else, just move it
>> and modify the ~/.wine/config file to point to it's new location. Here
>> are some instructions that come with that file:
>> http://www.franksworld.net/wineguide/config.html
>>

> Thanks. I have downloaded the files you have given me and I will try and
> install it; I hope it works. So do I still need to install the Wine from
> Data Party in addition to the ones you gave me?

I assume the file from Franksworld? In either case, yes you need to
install the Data Party rpm. Both winesetuptk and wineconfig.tgz just do
configuration, but both look like they should work with the data party rpm.

The only additional thing to check is that you have an environment
variable set, WINEDLLPATH=/usr/lib/wine .

And with that, I am going to be gone for about a week. So if you still
need some help, please post to this newsgroup rather than emailing me
directly. I will not be checking my email.