Problems with installing

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Sat Oct 5 11:28:27 CDT 2002

Ben Boomsma wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm having problems with installing Wine. I have downloaded Wine from CVS,
> and tried to install it with tools/wineinstall, but got some errors. This
> comes from my shell:
>
> [wayne at wayne wine]$ ./tools/wineinstall
> WINE Installer v0.73

> make[2]: *** Warning: File `../../memory/atom.c' has modification time in
> the future (2002-10-04 19:45:00 > 2002-10-04 17:55:05)
> gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -g -O2 -Wall

Make depends strongly on file modification times. So either the clock on
Alexandre's computer was wrong when he committed the latest change to
CVS, or yours is wrong. And I am guessing the Alexandre's is ok ;)

In any case, unless you are doing wine development, you probably don't
want this latest version of CVS, since some pieces are in the middle of
heavy modification. You can always checkout an earlier version with a
CVS command like:
cvs update -D "2002-09-05 CDT"

That will get you basically the last released version of wine. And you
should not have any conflicts with file modification time.