I have a problem in starting Wine

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Fri Oct 11 19:57:29 CDT 2002

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, [koi8-r] äÉÍÁ wrote:

> I have successfully compiled and installed Wine, but every time I try to start it with (for example)
>
> wine sol.exe
>
> it gives me an error message:
>
> "wineserver: fcntl /tmp/.wine-user/server-xxxx-xxxx/lock: Invalid argument"
>
> Anyone know what this can be?

Yes, it looks like ZipSlack or some derivative that puts a umsdos or
[v]fat filesystem on /.  Try having root run this as a workaround,
and/or put it in /etc/rc.d/rc.local.

#!/bin/sh
/sbin/mke2fs -f /usr/local/dose 16384
/bin/mount -o loop /usr/local/dose /tmp
chmod a+rwxt /tmp

> Thanks.
>
> Dmitry.

Lawson

	  >< Microsoft free environment
This mail client runs on Wine.  Your mileage may vary.
---cut here---