Printing with Wine

Graham Watkins graham.gingecat at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 23 14:49:46 CDT 2002

Hi Y'all.

I'm a relative newcomer to Wine, never having done much more than play
Freecell with it until now.

But right now, I'm trying to get an old program - Claris Works 3 (pc
version) working under it.  Everything is fine until I attempt to print
with it - then, I get an error message saying that the printer cannot be
found.

The printing section of the Wine config file looks like this:

[spooler]
"LPT1:" = "|lpr"
"LPT2:" = "|gs -sDEVICE=bj200 -sOutputFile=/tmp/fred -q -"
"LPT3:" = "/dev/lp3"

This is not a Claris Works specific problem.  Word can find the
(windows) printer but states there is a problem with it and recommends
re-installation. (There is no problem under Windows).

I'd be prepared to settle for the ability to print to a postscript file
that I can print out under linux.

I'm using Mandrake 8.2 and running Codeweavers Wine build 20020904-7.

All constructive advice gratefully received.

Cheers,

--
Graham Watkins

For me, morning begins when I realize that the soft warm body curled up next
to me is a cat. (Kinky Friedman - Frequent Flyer)

Registered Linux user number 265254      http://counter.li.org