Installing windows software

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Thu Oct 24 18:56:59 CDT 2002

Phillip Shelton wrote:
> I am trying to install Blue Chip Trader and I get the followiing and
> then a window pops up that says that there was an error generating the
> wizard then it exits.
>
> Also one of the other files says that my short date is in the wrong
> format.  That would be somthing to do with the LANG variable. right?
>
> Phillip
>

> [Phillip at frodo Phillip]$ wine /mnt/cdrom/mdac_26.exe
> fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Security directory ignored
> fixme:process:CreateProcessA (E:\IXP000.TMP\dasetup.exe,...):
> NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS ignored
> fixme:setupapi:SetupScanFileQueueA stub

Assuming that the stub is the problem, and looking at what the function
does it seems likely, then about the only way to fix this is for someone
to write the code to implement that function. A stub basically means
that there is a placeholder function in Wine which does nothing except
print that fixme. Depending on what the value of the flag is, that may
or may not be difficult.