Using macros from Excel 2000 - Solved

Eduardo Canegusucu canegusucu at
Tue Sep 3 20:50:18 CDT 2002

I would like to say that I've just solved the problem with my macro. It worked, I didn't need of the M$ VB's environment.

The problem was in the treatment of variables "date" into my macro.

For example: date 03/09/2002.
With Win98/Excel, the variable assumes value "03/09/2002".
With Linux/Wine/Excel, the variable assumes "3/9/2002".

Did you observe the difference ? In the day and month, one shows two numbers and other shows one number.

I fixed my macro to treat this correctly and all is working now !!!

*** Sorry, my English isn't so good ...

Em Tue,  3 Sep 2002 23:47:19 +0200
"puoti at" <puoti at> escreveu:

You need the m$ visual basic runtime enviroment, and you can't have that
on wine, the only thing you can do is use openoffice 1.0.1
(, or excel on win.

> Hi all,
> I'm using Debian GNU/Linux in /dev/hda2.
> Win98 in /dev/hda1.
> Wine version 20020804.
> I'm trying to use macros from Excel 2000 with Wine but I'm having problems ...
> When I start my macro, one window appear with message, in portuguese: "Erro em tempo de execução '9': Subscrito fora do intervalo". I think, in English, is: "Run-time error '9': Subscribe out of the interval".
> Into Win98, that macros are working fine, into Linux with Wine not.
> Anybody help me ?
> Best regards.
 São Paulo - S.P. - Brasil
 GNU/Linux User: 276185