Language packs (was IE5.5)

Martin Polley Martinp at Surf-com.com
Thu Sep 12 06:57:49 CDT 2002

Thanks to all those who replied.

In the meantime, I dug around in the Codeweavers apps database, and
found some stuff that helped me get it working (I think it was setting
shlwapi to "native" that did the trick).

But now I have a NEW PROBLEM!!!

I need to view Hebrew web pages. In Windows, if I went to a Hebrew page,
IE would ask me if I want to download and install the Hebrew language
pack (if I did not have it installed). In Wine, it does not. IE just
freezes, and I have to Ctrl-C in the terminal window to kill it.

Anyone know how I can install the language pack non-automatically?

TIA,

Martin Polley
Technical Communicator
Tel: 732
Mobile: (053) 864-280

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Polley
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 10:00 AM
To: wine-users at winehq.com
Subject: RE: IE5.5 (was:(no subject))

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can convince IE5.5 (running under Codeweavers
Wine 20020411-6) that I am connected to the internet (using kppp)?

Thomas Wickline suggested I set my connection to LAN, but how do I do
this? Which key in which registry file do I need to change? Will this
solve the problem?

(I tried via Tools | Internet Options (optimistically), but I got a
bunch of "not yet implemented" error messages...)

TIA,

Martin Polley
Technical Communicator
http://www.surf-com.com/