New user trying to install registry

Steven Rubenstein SJR at ElectricSpectric.com
Sat Sep 14 19:10:34 CDT 2002

1.  The information you say is outdated is in section 4.3.5 at:

        http://www.winehq.com/Docs/wine-user/registry.shtml.

2. Now, as you say, I just tried:

         regedit winedefault.reg

     The command runs a bit, then a dialog box pops up asking:

         "Are you sure you want to add the information in winedefault.reg
to the registry?"

     I answer "yes," then an error box pops up saying:

         "Cannot import windefault.reg; Error opening the file.  There
may be a disk or file system error."

     I did file searches, and regedit shows up in /usr/bin, but there is
no winedefault* anywhere.  Is that a problem?

SJR