directory structure problems

Emiricol . emiricol at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 16 19:46:11 CDT 2002

Hi.  New to linux.  When I try to run something under wine (installation of
windows program), I get the following error.  My system is running
linux-only RH7.3.  I've gone into the /config file with pico and tried
changing from c:\windows\temp to c:\temp with and without the double \\.
This resulted in a single install going presumably okay (I have no idea how
to LAUNCH the program I just installed...) but will not allow me to install
again, resulting in the old problem. Rinse and repeat, but now without the
success.

Running under xwine's GUI (which I hoped would fix it) results in the same
problem.  I can't find this problem in the WineHQ archives.

Help greatly appreciated - I just know I'm doing something stupid...

$ wine
Could not stat /home/Emiricol/.wine/c:\windows\temp (No such file or
directory), ignoring drive E:
Invalid path 'c:\windows\temp' for temp directory: does not exist
Perhaps you have not properly edited or created your Wine configuration
file.
This is (supposed to be) '/home/Emiricol/.wine/config'