WineX configure problem

Alan Bort 333101 at personal.net.py
Fri Apr 11 10:56:37 CDT 2003

Ok, I've tride the IRC... and nobody answered... so I try the list now:

Hi guys...
anyone willing to help me getting HL to run with winex???
I've installed winex (and had a few problems during install, got them
solved I think)

but now I can't seem to configure it right.
I have two problems (major)
the first one displays this in the std output
  WARNING: Need xterm. Install, or always run first time after install
in another terminal
any idea what that is???
I'm using Mandrake 9.0 with GNOME and xterm is not in my path (nor
root's)
well
the second roblem I have is te following
I run perfectly HL but it says I need to use a 16bit deoth (color
density)... and I'm using 32 in my X... the problem is that I don't know
how to tell the config file to use 32 (or 16 for that matter).

I thought perhaps the line :
   ; Color depth to use on multi-depth screens
   ;;"ScreenDepth" = "32"

was in charge of it... but when I uncommented it this is my output
   X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
   Major opcode of failed request:  1 (X_CreateWindow)
   Serial number of failed request:  9

any ideas???
--
Alan Bort