Question- about Wine How To

alex radsky at ncia.net
Mon Apr 14 08:22:17 CDT 2003

-reference         http://www.winehq.com/?page=howto

There's a statement in the Wine HowTo that goes: (quote-verbatim)

"The following directories must exist in your $HOME directory"

Exactly what is meant by " your $HOME " directory? This may seem to
be a stupid newbie question but I sometimes have a problem if the writer
uses some personal favorite way of stating something and I'm not
sure if this is the case here.  I can't find a directory called
$HOME in my Progeny Debian so I was wondering if I have to create it
somewhere.

Is this just the ordinary  /home  directory or is it some
directory (or file) that is actually labelled " $HOME " and if
it is, could someone elaborate on where it is located?

alex