Win2K v WINE

Julian Hall wine at kaotic.co.uk
Thu Apr 17 10:09:53 CDT 2003

Hi All,

I found an old article on running WINE alongside Windows 2000
yesterday.  It advocated using the command line of "wine --winver nt2k
[program name]", in the example "wine --winver nt2k mspaint.exe".  I
tried this out with Paintshop Pro which WINE HQ says does run with WINE,
but had even less success than before. At least without using that extra
part I got an error saying which DLLs were missing.

I'm using Codeweavers WINE at the moment in "fake_windows" mode as that
was recommended for Win2K operations.  Would I be better off changing to
"real_windows" mode and physically pointing all the paths to the WINNT
folders?

Failing that could someone please give me details on how to view folders
starting with "." in KDE 3.0 so I can try copying the relevant DLLs into
the fake_windows folder?

Kind regards,

Julian