keylib32.dll problem

Chris Bryant lx.lurky at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 18 15:39:27 CDT 2003

Hi all,

I'm new to wine (and pretty new to Linux), and have just built and
fiddled a bit with a Xandros distribution. This is based on Debian
woody, and comes with Crossover Office 1.3.0-2. I installed Visio 2000
which went right "out of the box" including a VB runtime update and 2
virtual reboots - awesome. Next I tried to install an antenna simulation
programme called EZNEC3 (I'm a radio amateur). This is written in MS VB6
with a FORTRAN calculating engine. The install went fine (with a couple
of long pauses at the end of a wizard unpack, and during a registry
update). When I run the programme, I get a dialogue box

 SHRINKER.ERR  C:\Windows\System\KEYLIB32.dll (3.4) 04/17/03 20:36:19
Pager Initialisation Error 2

I've tried:

1) Creating a clean test user account, and just installing the VB
runtime files using vbrun60 (ie not getting them via Visio)
2) replacing the keylib dll with another from my Windoze PC that EZNEC
runs on and the prog then complained that its "settings were corrupt"
and invited me to re-install - which I did to no avail. As far as I can
ascertain, this dll is to do with licence keys. My copy of EZNEC is
bona-fide paid for by me, though there are no license numbers to type in
3) Looking in logs and config files (though here I'm in the dark)

Any ideas welcome...

Chris Bryant