TOO MANY ERRORS

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Sun Apr 20 19:40:07 CDT 2003

Well, it's still alpha software. My experience has been that almost nothing
runs with little or no problems. I have a very few apps that run well, some
others that run ok but have problems, others that only partially work
(usually unusable) and the rest just don't work at all. What's odd is that
X-Plane, a fairly intensive 3D/sound/joystick flight simulator, works almost
flawlessly (mostly just decreased performance, and an occasional sound
hiccup). Also my Nascar pinball game works perfectly. :) Fairly simple stuff
like installers, Paint Shop Pro, etc, varies from ok to nearly unusable.
Paint Shop, for instance, runs ok but is very slow and the colors on control
buttons are wrecked. Most installers run at first, but some can't finish.
Another pinball game from the same people as the Nascar game (Sierra) won't
run, even though the Nascar one does. Strange stuff.

Are you linking to a seperate Windows partition or just using fake Windows in
Wine? I'm linking to a Win95 install, I think that helped quite a bit.

	-Matt Bailey