dcom95.exe ERROR installing

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Mon Apr 21 01:51:51 CDT 2003

I installed WINE 20030408 and I think that I have it working OK.
  I installed Acrobat Reader 4.x, PP, Word, & XL viewers.  Even
the MSinstaller installed after adding:

[AppDefaults\\msiexec.exe\\DllOverrides]
; Microsoft Installer
"ole32" = "builtin"
"ole2" = "builtin"
"compobj" = "builtin"
"storage" = "builtin"
"olepro32" = "builtin"
"ole2nls" = "builtin"
"ole2conv" = "builtin"
"ole2prox" = "builtin"
"ole2thk" = "builtin"

to the: "config" file.

But dcom95.exe doesn't work.  At least I can't get it to work
now.  It might have worked a few hours ago, but I'm not sure.

An Error widget pops up that says:

     A newer version of DCOM95 or DCOM98 had been installed
     To override, you must uninstall the current version first

But this is a new clean install of WINE except for the apps
listed above.  And yes I have the version set at: "win95"

Is there a simple tweak in the DLL settings in the: "config" file?

Is there some documentation about how to install it and IE-5.5?

I also get an error message:

err:module:BUILTIN32_LoadLibraryExA loaded .so but dll setupx.dll
still not found - 16-bit dll or version conflict.

I have a file: /usr/local/lib/wine/setupx.dll.so

??????  Do I need to tell WINE where to find these SOs?

--
JRT