can wine install a windows program

ovrundr ovrundr at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 20:41:13 CDT 2003

Hi everyone,

I'm new to wine and trying to get the install to work.
I'm running Mandrake 9.0 with the default install of wine.
I had to get a winedefault.reg from the web, since I could not
find one on my system anywhere. I've check the directory
structure per the install docs on the wine web site.

Simple prgrams seems to work (winmine, solitaire, notepad).

The problem I'm having is that I can't install anything.
I run the install by mounting the CD and running
wine d:\\setup.exe or wine /mnt/cdrom/setup.exe
I've tried serval different apps. and get the same error on each:

Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000034 in 32 bit
code (0x40dc090d)
In 32-bit mode.
0x40dc090d (x11DRV.DLL.SetDeviceGammaRamp+0x6a2db in libGL.so.1):
cmpl
0x34(%ebx),%esi

I posting this in the Mandrake group on yahoo and was told that
wine does not do installs. The documentation seems to say otherwise.

Since I don't have windows install on this system "fake windows",
is this posible?

or am I dreaming.

Rick

=====