can wine install a windows program

hatky hatkyinc at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 24 07:10:06 CDT 2003

Hi ovrundr,
I have been fallowing the develpment of wine for a
long time and just now getting into the mailing
lists...

Anyway working installs in wine is preety new stuff
that still needs a bit of work but as I said it's
prety new stuff that I do not think is included in the
wine version Mandrake 9.0 had included.

I run Mandrake 9.1 with a 20.4.2003 cvs compile and
getting about 70% of installtions working, I admit I
did not try disk installs untill now but wostly things
from my network but it sould work.

So what I am sugesting is:
1.Fallow the WineHQ instarctions on getting the cvs
version, copiling and installing
2.Test again the instaltion
3.If it is not working open a wine bug on the bugzilae
(consider that getting popular installtions working is
within top priorety currently so they will be happy to
help you)

Hope this help,
If you are having problems I will be happy to help

P.S. Do not hassitate opening a bug, it wiil help both
wine and you

Hatky.