Win InstallShield Error

Michael Loose m.loose at arcor.de
Fri Apr 25 15:04:47 CDT 2003

K. So far , so good.

I've just tried the current  release of  Codeweavers wine-release (aka
"Crossover Office"), installed dcom95(!) as suggested by the setup
routine and was able to do a couple of installs .

This is not an explanation for what went wrong, but at least a
workaround for people who just like to get it going.

The installer works flawlessly even on RH 9, and the demo-download from
Codeweavers website, which was currently turned off, is back on.
The installer puts the fake windows and the c:/ in unusual locations, do
an updatedb after you've finished and locate where your stuff went.
Add /opt/cxoffice/bin to your $PATH to call wine from elsewhere, some
Win-Apps do not show up in the Launcher.

I'm still stuck with my DV-stuff, but this is at least a kind of result...

If i hadn't been desperated, i'd never tried their stuff :-), but it
looks pretty good and is surely worth buying for anyone who is short of
time and just wants to use the stuff.

/Michael