RH9, Wine 20030408, Office 2000

Eduardo Silva edusilva at nortelnetworks.com
Sun Apr 27 16:19:21 CDT 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to install Office 2000 on my RH9 box using the Wine 20030408
package.

I have installed the RH8 rpm's and have set the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5
variable to allow wine to cope with the NPTL glibc implementation in RH9.

I have the Office 2000 Installation CD, insert it and run wine
/mnt/cdrom/setup.exe.

The Setup process goes OK up to the point where I have selected the
installation folder, and the components I wish to install (Word and
Excel). Right when the Installation is abou to being wine exists without
an error code. No explanation given.

I have checked all folders permission and I have assigned rw access to
all users to /usr/share/wine-c and all child directories (obviously
Program Files as well).

What steps can I take to try to get more info of why this is happening?
I tried running wine with --debugmsg +all, but the output is so huge I
can't even begin to know where to look (I haven't been able to get to
the end because wine would output so much information I just bail out)

Thanks for any help,

--

*Eduardo Silva*
Wireless Network Engineer