WP9 and Wine

Bruce Griffis griffisb at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 29 10:58:53 CDT 2003

On Tuesday 29 April 2003 11:01 am, wine-users-request at wine.codeweavers.com

> > > Hmm, don't know WP9 much, but WP used to have a
> > > feature called (IIRC) enhanced file dialogs. It was an
> > > option to replace the standard Windows File Open and
> > > such like dialog boxes with enhanced ones.

> I've done professional DTP work in PageMaker, Ventura
> Publisher, Word, and had encounters with FrontPage -
> but perhaps you mean MS Publisher???? Anyway, WP
> matches up with any of them for DTP work. I did my
> church's weekly service bulletin and monthly newsletter
> using WP for 6 years.

Your right - it would be MS Publisher (I purchased a copy for my wife to take
a class with a short while back), with MS FrontPage (possibly) for generating
the church's web stuff. Oh well, one battle at a time.

Think I'll explore OpenSource stuff for my private use. I did use OpenOffice
for my cub scout den's site, with QuantaPlus to figure it out a little more.
It's a very primitive site, but was fun. The limitation is strictly on my
side, not on the tool-set's side.