Wine install with mirc pains...

David Orriss Jr dave at davenet.net
Fri Aug 1 21:43:04 CDT 2003

Can anyone explain this and tell me what the workaround is?  This is
with Wine release 20030709:

When I go to install mIRC I get an error when the mIRC install tries to
create the desktop icons:

A mIRC dialog displays saying "mIRC installation error 15 - There seems
to be a problem adding mIRC icons to the Program Manager!  Do you want
me to try again?"

In the console window where I ran "wine mirc603.exe" I see the message:

err:ddeml:DdeConnect Done with INITIATE, but no Server window available

Also when I try to run installations that write files to my c:\temp dir,
they almost always fail during the extraction.  Some will get written
but not all.  If there is a 'debug' option I can use to display any
wine- related messages or warnings let me know what it is and I'll post
the results.

Thanks.
--
David Orriss Jr