Problems with wine-20030709

Joshua Weage weage98 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 10:00:46 CDT 2003

I have just installed the 20030709 release, configured using the
following:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/wine-20030709

The compile and install went ok.  I have created the windows
directories and personal config files.  I have also installed Microsoft
Word Viewer and that runs properly.

However, I am having the following problems:

(1)  When I create the global config files in
/usr/local/wine-20030709/etc wine still replys with 'wine: cannot open
/home/jweage/.wine : No such file or directory'.  Turning on debugging
doesn't get any additional output.  It looks like wine isn't even
looking for the global config files.  I've put wine.conf,
wine.systemreg, wine.userreg and wine.userdefreg in the global etc dir.
   I've also tried renaming wine.conf to wine.reg (as done in RedHat
7.3) with no success.

(2) Trying to install OfficeXP I run into the following:

First, I must set Windows to winxp to get setup to run without
complaining about the windows version.  Next I need to install
instmsi.exe and instmsiw.exe from the OfficeXP cd-rom, but both of them
quit with errors.  misw with several Invalid handles, then "Installer
stopped prematurely".

On trying to install OfficeXP I get the following error:
Error 1402 Cannot open registry key
Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\InProgress

It gives the error whether or not the InProgress key exists in
system.reg.

(3) Office 2000 install gives the error "Can't find d:\OFFICE1.CAB"
even though the file is there.

Any suggestions on the above problems?

Thanks,

Josh