Problems getting Wine 20030709 to use Windows fonts.

Erik Enge eenge at prium.net
Wed Aug 6 09:44:29 CDT 2003

My set up is as follows:

  - Wine compiled and installed in /share/sys/wine/wine-20030709-1

  - fake_windows in /share/sys/dotwine

  - exported WINEPREFIX to be /share/sys/dotwine

  - fonts are in /share/sys/dotwine/fake_windows/Windows/Fonts (copied
  directly from an NT installation)

Interesting bits from /share/sys/dotwine/config:

  [Drive C]
  "Path" = "/share/sys/dotwine/fake_windows"
  "Type" = "hd"
  "Label" = "Windows"
  "Filesystem" = "win95"

  [...]

  [wine]
  "Windows" = "c:\\Windows"
  "System" = "c:\\Windows\\system"
  "Temp" = "c:\\Temp"
  "Path" = "c:\\Windows;:\\Windows\\system"
  "GraphicsDriver" = "x11drv"
  "ShellLinker" = "wineshelllink"

  [...]

  [fonts]
  ;Read the Fonts topic in the Wine User Guide before adding aliases
  ;See a couple of examples for russian users below
  "Resolution" = "96"
  "Default" = "-adobe-courier-"
  "DefaultFixed" = "-adobe-courier-"
  "DefaultSerif" = "-adobe-courier-"
  "DefaultSansSerif" = "-adobe-courier-"

When I try to open up a text editor under this setup, I can only see the
fonts that X make available to me (which is very limited since I have
only the base packages - Red Hat 7.2 - installed).  I'm quite sure I
made this work some time back but now I don't recall how.  Shouldn't
this just work since Wine will find the Windows' fonts directory and
then not use the X fonts?

Thanks for any pointers,

Erik.