Problems with wine-20030709

Michael Kraus belfry at froggy.com.au
Thu Aug 7 08:32:45 CDT 2003

G'day...

> (1)  When I create the global config files in
> /usr/local/wine-20030709/etc wine still replys with 'wine: cannot open
> /home/jweage/.wine : No such file or directory'.  Turning on debugging
> doesn't get any additional output.  It looks like wine isn't even
> looking for the global config files.  I've put wine.conf,
> wine.systemreg, wine.userreg and wine.userdefreg in the global etc dir.
>    I've also tried renaming wine.conf to wine.reg (as done in RedHat
> 7.3) with no success.

I believe the file should now just be ~/.wine/config rather than
wine.conf

> (3) Office 2000 install gives the error "Can't find d:\OFFICE1.CAB"
> even though the file is there.

To install Office do this:

wine -dll cabinet=n /pathtocdrom/setup.exe

This is from "Frank's Corner" http://frankscorner.org/ or from
http://www.winehq.org/ -> Appplications -> Franks Corner

Sorry I couldn't help you on the second point.

All the best...

Mike