Problems with wine-20030709

benbarbug at libertysurf.fr benbarbug at libertysurf.fr
Thu Aug 7 10:56:11 CDT 2003

I just had the same problems yesterday, and i finally can get it
working, i followed these instructions :

Type wine /pathtocdrom/setup.exe to install Office.
Some people will get an error message saying no installation files are
found. This is caused by the copy protection of the cdrom which makes
some files invisible to Wine. To make these files visible umount the
cdrom and mount it again using the -o unhide option, so something like:

		#mount -t iso9660 -o unhide /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

During installation I chose the following components:
Word
Excel
Powerpoint
All filters
Spelling checker

Type wine winword.exe in the installation directory to run Word.
Type wine excel.exe in the installation directory to run Excel.
Type wine powerpnt.exe in the installation directory to run Powerpoint.

If you have problems saving a file in Word, then make sure you have a
native version of ole32.dll in the Wine system directory and put these
lines in the wine config file:

		[AppDefaults\\winword.exe\\DllOverrides]
		"ole32" = "native"

Notes:
- Access, Internet Explorer and Frontpage do not yet work.
- Complete installation failed, that's why I chose only the most
  important components.
- The installation of Office 2000 doesn't work with older Wine
    versions.
- Do not install the assistant, it makes all Office applications
      crash at startup .

And advice : choose a personnalized install , and deactivate MSAGENT

i got word running fine (very indeed), but not Excel and Powerpoint at
the moment