A few questions

benbarbug at libertysurf.fr benbarbug at libertysurf.fr
Wed Aug 13 02:21:34 CDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 10:23:27AM -0700, Thomas M. Skeren III wrote:
> Anyone know which version of office is best to install?  Office XP Pro
> doesn't want to install.  It also relies on Internet Exploder, which
> won't install either.  Any hints would be appreciated.

I installed office 2000, and only MSWord works... i choosed the
personnalized install, you should select the fewest apps
(word,excel,powerpoint,spelling checker, all filters)...

you should also mount your "install" cdrom as this :
#mount -t iso9660 -o unhide,umask=000 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
		     ======
		makes all files visible

put this line in wine "config" file :

[AppDefaults\\winword.exe\\DllOverrides]
"ole32"="native"