running wordpad.exe (from win2000) in wine error

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Thu Aug 14 14:08:54 CDT 2003

Bala wrote:
> Thanks Duane, after changing to win2k in config file,
> I can run wordpad application and do basic functions,
>  I am getting some debug,err messages in the
> bakground(from terminal), any idea how to disable??
> those messages

Assuming "debug" messages are fixmes, you can use:
wine --debugmsg fixme-all,err-all -- wordpad.exe

This is better (IMHO) than redirecting the messages to /dev/null,
because generating those messages can eat up significant processing
power (if there are a lot of them). The method above does not generate
the messages at all.

I have an alias set to filter the fixmes (normally I like to see err
messages) so that I don't have to type that out:
alias win  'wine --debugmsg fixme-all --'

So now I can just type "win /c/Program\ Files/Accessories/wordpad".

Also, for programs that I use semi-regularly, I create a small
executable in /usr/local/bin, such as an executable file named "word"
that contains (all one line):

exec wine --debugmsg fixme-all -- c:/Program\ Files/Microsoft\
Office/Office/winword.exe $*