Borland C++ Builder 6.0 & Wine

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Sat Aug 16 18:26:11 CDT 2003

Flameeyes wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 22:15, Flameeyes wrote:
>
>>a) when I press the Execute button, the units are compiled, but the
>>linker hangs up with all the cpu used (90%-98%, using 2.6 with
>>interactivity patches it uses all the cpu not claimed by other
>>processes), also when I use ilink direclty or a makefile, I have the
>>same problem.
>
> Sorry I have found more information about this problem with google
> (sorry, before I searched about borland C++ builder, now about directly
> the incremental linker and I found something).
> Seems the same problem as reported in
> http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2001/04/0135.html, but was 2
> years ago. Also I can't find the patch Gérard Patel was talking about.

You can find it in Google groups; just search for anything around the
period mentioned (Apr 6, 2001) that contains Patel. It is there.

Oh well, the direct link is huge, but here it is shrunk down one:
http://tinyurl.com/k8mz

By the way, did you try the method mentioned by Alexandre, of setting
the Wine version to Winnt, in ~/.wine/config:
[Version]
"Windows" = "nt40"