Problem with shlwapi, msxml and Borland xml vcls.

Flameeyes dgp85 at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Aug 17 09:09:53 CDT 2003

After get bcb working, I'm now trying to get working also my
application, so that can be used under wine (no, I can't port it, it's a
tool that works with Ultima Online, so I need to write it for windows &
wine). The problem now is that i have some problems running the
executable.
First note: if I set a breakpoint into the code, I can run the software
with bcb and use the Just In Time Debugger quite well, if I don't, the
bcb hangs waiting for the process that never starts for an invalid
access into a borland dll.

after I have build the executable, I run it into a new konsole session
and I have this output:

fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_KEYBOARD_DetectLayout Your keyboard layout was not
found!
Using closest match instead (United States keyboard layout) for scancode
mapping.
Please define your layout in dlls/x11drv/keyboard.c and submit them
to us for inclusion into future Wine releases.
See the Wine User Guide, chapter "Keyboard" for more information.
fixme:tab:TAB_WindowProc Unimplemented msg TCM_HIGHLIGHTITEM
fixme:tab:TAB_WindowProc Unimplemented msg TCM_HIGHLIGHTITEM
fixme:tab:TAB_WindowProc Unimplemented msg TCM_HIGHLIGHTITEM
fixme:tab:TAB_WindowProc Unimplemented msg TCM_HIGHLIGHTITEM
fixme:tab:TAB_WindowProc Unimplemented msg TCM_HIGHLIGHTITEM
fixme:tab:TAB_WindowProc Unimplemented msg TCM_HIGHLIGHTITEM
fixme:tab:TAB_WindowProc Unimplemented msg TCM_HIGHLIGHTITEM
fixme:tab:TAB_WindowProc Unimplemented msg TCM_HIGHLIGHTITEM
fixme:tab:TAB_WindowProc Unimplemented msg TCM_HIGHLIGHTITEM
fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Load Configuration directory ignored
fixme:shell:PathSearchAndQualifyW
(L"Y:\\devel\\Unisuite\\bin\\settings.xml",0x4202ecc0,0x00001000)-stub

and a message box that shows me
"System error: -2147024809. Error downloading URL: %s: 0"

then I click OK, and the startup function of my program is
interrupted... if the program worked well (it should in true windows), I
should be able to use non-settings dependant commands and features of
the tool, and I am for almost all tabs in which is divided... but when I
click on the one that uses an ocx [previous registered, please note that
before install msxml the setup function will stop before, and the
software worked well as far as I not used settings dependant commands,
also that tab], wine gave a segmentation fault.
Also the ocx is open source, so if it needed I can tell you where to get
it sources.

The path seen in the output before segfault is correct, the file exists
and is what it should be.
I tried to use native shlwapi [dll that contains the
PathSearchAndQualifyW], and I have another error:

defiant:~/devel/Unisuite/bin# wine --dll shlwapi=n --debugmsg +trace
Unicorn.exe
[...]
fixme:urlmon:URLMON_DllGetClassObject (0x4010ccaf, 0x4010cc88,
0x406d210c): stub
fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no classfactory created for CLSID
{7b8a2d94-0ac9-11d1-896c-00c04fb6bfc4}, hres is 0x80040111

and in message box "System error: -2147024891"

Can anyone help me?
If can be helpful I can post the point in the source where the error is
thrown, but I think is too high-level to know what the library is
doing...
Thanks In Advance.
--
Flameeyes <dgp85 at users.sf.net>