Problem with shlwapi, msxml and Borland xml vcls.

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Sun Aug 17 11:19:37 CDT 2003

Flameeyes wrote:
> After get bcb working, I'm now trying to get working also my
> application, so that can be used under wine (no, I can't port it, it's a
> tool that works with Ultima Online, so I need to write it for windows &
> wine). The problem now is that i have some problems running the
> executable.
> First note: if I set a breakpoint into the code, I can run the software
> with bcb and use the Just In Time Debugger quite well, if I don't, the
> bcb hangs waiting for the process that never starts for an invalid
> access into a borland dll.
>
> after I have build the executable, I run it into a new konsole session
> and I have this output:
>
> fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_KEYBOARD_DetectLayout Your keyboard layout was not
> found!
> Using closest match instead (United States keyboard layout) for scancode
> mapping.
> Please define your layout in dlls/x11drv/keyboard.c and submit them
> to us for inclusion into future Wine releases.
> See the Wine User Guide, chapter "Keyboard" for more information.
> fixme:tab:TAB_WindowProc Unimplemented msg TCM_HIGHLIGHTITEM
> fixme:tab:TAB_WindowProc Unimplemented msg TCM_HIGHLIGHTITEM
> fixme:tab:TAB_WindowProc Unimplemented msg TCM_HIGHLIGHTITEM
> fixme:tab:TAB_WindowProc Unimplemented msg TCM_HIGHLIGHTITEM
> fixme:tab:TAB_WindowProc Unimplemented msg TCM_HIGHLIGHTITEM
> fixme:tab:TAB_WindowProc Unimplemented msg TCM_HIGHLIGHTITEM
> fixme:tab:TAB_WindowProc Unimplemented msg TCM_HIGHLIGHTITEM
> fixme:tab:TAB_WindowProc Unimplemented msg TCM_HIGHLIGHTITEM
> fixme:tab:TAB_WindowProc Unimplemented msg TCM_HIGHLIGHTITEM
> fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Load Configuration directory ignored
> fixme:shell:PathSearchAndQualifyW
> (L"Y:\\devel\\Unisuite\\bin\\settings.xml",0x4202ecc0,0x00001000)-stub
>
> and a message box that shows me
> "System error: -2147024809. Error downloading URL: %s: 0"

Well, really I think it is time for you to get into fixing Wine and
submitting patches :-) It looks to me like you have the skills for it.
And it is not that difficult.

In the case above, I would normally run something like
wine --debugmsg +relay,+shell -- Unicorn.exe &> wine.log

That will likely run very slow and create a huge file, possibly many
hundreds of MBs. So have lots of spare disk space.

Then I typically chop up the log into smaller pieces:
split --bytes=2m wine.log

That creates a bunch of files named x*. Then search them for the string
above:
grep downloading x*

Once you have found the file that contains it, look at what has happened
previously. Note that you can find out where a function is in the Wine
source by using:
http://source.winehq.org/ident
Just type any function name into there.